Whilst interacting with Khmer nationals through WOH program activities I will:
· At all times have respect for and uphold the culture and values of the Cambodian people.
· At all times maintain respect and compliance for Cambodian government laws and regulations.
· Recognise that culturally Cambodian dress is very conservative so I will respect this and will ensure that at all times my dress is in accordance with Khmer culture at both WOHS and in the villages.
During contact with children through WOH program activities I will abide by WOH Child Protection Policy and I will:
· Treat children with respect regardless of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status.
· Not use language or behaviour towards children that is inappropriate, harassing, abusive, sexually provocative, demeaning or culturally inappropriate.
· Not engage children in any form of sexual activity or acts, including paying for sexual services or acts, where under the law(s) applicable to the child, the child is below the age of consent or the act(s) are an offence under relevant laws.
· Ensure that a member of WOH management team or a person approved by a member of WOH management team is present when working in the proximity of children.
· Not invite unaccompanied children into my home or place of residence.
· Not sleep close to unsupervised children.
· Use any computers, mobile phones, or video and digital cameras inappropriately, and never to exploit or harass children or to access child pornography through any medium.
· Not exchange email addresses with children nor set up an email address for any child.
· Refrain from physical punishment of children.
· Refrain from hiring children for domestic or other labour.
· Comply with all relevant legislation, including labour laws in relation to child labour.
· Immediately report concerns or allegations of child abuse to the World of Hope Volunteer Manager, or to the nearest member of WOH management team or any police officer.
· Request approval for any additional activities with children, families and communities.
Use of children’s images
Before photographing or filming a child I will:
· Assess and endeavour to comply with local traditions or restrictions for reproducing personal images.
· Obtain consent from the child or a parent or guardian of the child. As part of this I must explain how the photograph or film will be used.
· Ensure photographs, films, videos and DVDs present children in a dignified and respectful manner and not in a vulnerable or submissive manner.
· Ensure that children are adequately clothed and not in poses that could be seen as sexually suggestive.
· Ensure images are honest representations of the context and the facts.
· Not place a photograph and/or personal information (age, last name, geographical location, health, education or other) of a sponsored child online, or on a website or e-mail it to others.
· Understand that the onus is on me, as a person supporting WOH program activities, to use common sense and avoid actions or behaviour that could be construed as child abuse.
Discrimination and responsible behaviour
As a volunteer at WOH I understand that:
· Discrimination and/or physical violence between volunteers is unacceptable.
· That wrong, false or misleading information must not be given at any time.
· Volunteers must exhibit a high level of integrity, honesty and self-discipline at all times.
· Any additional activities with children, families or communities must be first approved by management and be in accordance with the requirements of WOH Child Protection Policy.
· A commitment to my chosen work hours must be given. If I need time off or would like to travel, I will give as much notice as possible to my department manager and the Volunteer Coordinator so that they can find a replacement.
· I will check with management before inviting friends or visitors to New Hope.
· I will not sell or use prohibited drugs within the vicinity of WOH.
· I will not smoke in the vicinity of the WOH.
· I will not attend WOH whilst under the influence of alcohol and will not consume alcohol at WOH whilst children are present.
· Conducting business of any kind for self-gain in the vicinity of World of Hope is prohibited
In regards to offering money donations to staff members at WOH I understand that:
· All donations to WOH must be processed through the correct channels. All funds raised must be forwarded by one of the options on the WOH website or presented to WOH Director or public officer.
· Any support, sponsorship of staff, student or family must be authorised by management.
· WOH staff are not allowed to ask for any money regardless of the reason or even suggest to volunteers that they need financial help of any description.
· WOH teachers are not allowed to accept any money from volunteers.
While it is unacceptable to offer a staff member a cash donation or financial support, if any volunteer would like to make a donation to WOH Staff Development, please speak to the WOH Director or Public officer.
Systems on the ground
Whilst offering my voluntary services at WOH I understand that:
· All volunteers must operate within existing operational/organisational systems currently in place.
· Any positive suggestions to improve current systems are appreciated and can be directed to the Director of WOH
· Systems must not be changed without prior approval from management.
· No extra-curricular activities are to be carried out within the organisation without prior consent from management.
· Volunteers must respect the Khmer customary lunch and rest break from 11am to 2pm weekdays and no personal or work demands are to be placed on Khmer staff during this time.
· I cannot request Khmer staff to be my ‘personal’ tour guide during their time off.
· Care and correct use of the organisation’s property is required at all times.
I, ______________________________, a volunteer with WOH, declare that I have read its Child Protection Policy and its Code of Conduct and will, whilst supporting WOH program activities, comply with these documents.
I accept that any non-compliance with either document may result in my termination as a volunteer at WOH.
print the above document and email with your police check to email@example.com